Monday, July 6, 2015

"Not all those who Wander are Lost."

“Not all those who Wander are lost.” - J.R.R.  Tolkien

Amazing the quotes that hit at home. I, personally, love reading and understanding quotes from our past. J.R.R. Tolkien is my favorite author by far. He wrote both my favorite story, as well as my hero: Gandalf (In all shades).   

“Not All those who wander are lost” was written about Aragon in the stories because Aragon literally spends most of his life as a wander of the earth. He learns about his heritage and what the future may lie for him. He also took this time to understand his many skills and since he is blessed with longevity, he can spend most of his time doing so. It wasn’t until Gandalf, kicked him(for-say), to get him on his journey that he realized how important he was to the world.  

For me, this quote describes my life. Everyone around me thinks I am kind of floating through the seems of existence without a plan. This is totally authentic. To be honest, I don’t know what skills I possess or how those skills will be used to forage my life’s story. I can only begin to imagine what Sauron’s I will be facing.  

I may be wandering, but I am not lost… At least not yet. 




Resources: 


No comments:

Post a Comment